The Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) processes applications for admission to undergraduate, law, medical, rehabilitation sciences and teacher education programs at Ontario’s universities.
The Council of Ontario Universities (COU) promotes university education and research, and their role in preparing both undergraduate and graduate students for success in life and careers. COU is a membership organization consisting of Ontario’s 20 publicly assisted universities and 1 associate member, the Royal Military College of Canada. COU works with members to find consensus on a wide range of university issues and advances them with government and other stakeholders.
The OUAC, acting on behalf of COU, Ontario’s 20 publicly funded universities, and the Royal Military College of Canada (collectively referred to as the “universities”) is responsible for collecting and disclosing Personal Information in reference to your OUF Passport.
Personal Information includes your name, email address, phone number, birth date, the city you live in, your postal code, and your attendee status (“Personal Information”).
Your privacy is important to the OUAC and we are committed to ensuring it is respected and protected. As part of this commitment, we have prepared this Privacy Statement to explain the manner in which we collect, use, disclose and otherwise treat your Personal Information.
You may receive additional information from the universities about how your Personal Information will be used, disclosed and otherwise treated by them. The universities have their own privacy statements.
You will receive a barcode, known as an OUF Passport, after completing the registration. The purpose of an OUF Passport is for you to be able to quickly share your contact information with the universities you’re interested in. You will also have the option to enter our OUF Passport Contest when you register for the OUF Passport.
By entering the Contest, you have the opportunity to win 1 of 4 CDN $500 Visa Gift Cards. Through your agreement to the terms and conditions relating to the Contest, your Personal Information will be provided to the OUAC for the purposes of administering the Contest.
The universities will only receive your Personal Information if you allow them to scan your OUF Passport.
Declaration and Notice of Collection, Use, Disclosure and Treatment of Your Personal Information Provided as Part of Your OUF Passport
The OUAC will collect, use, disclose and manage your Personal Information as disclosed in this Declaration and Notice.
The OUAC will not disclose, rent, loan, sell or otherwise transfer your Personal Information without your consent, including for entry into the Contest, except as otherwise set out in this Privacy Statement.
Collection of Personal Information
- The OUAC will collect the Personal Information you provide when registering for an OUF Passport. In addition, should you choose to provide additional information (such as program(s) of interest, campus(es)) when visiting a booth, the OUAC will collect this data.
Use of Personal Information:
- The OUAC will use your email address for communication purposes in connection with the OUF.
- The universities will use your email address for communication purposes if you have allowed them to scan your OUF Passport barcode.
- The OUAC will conduct a survey of OUF Passport holders following the OUF. Your Personal Information will be used to advise you of the survey. The survey is optional. If you choose to participate in the survey, your Personal Information will be used only to process the survey responses. The information obtained in the survey will be used only in aggregate and non-identifiable form.
- The universities will use your Personal Information to send you communications about their university.
- The OUAC will use Personal Information to notify contest winners.
Disclosure of Personal Information:
- The OUAC will share your Personal Information only with those universities who scan your OUF Passport barcode.
- The OUAC will disclose Personal Information from all OUF Passport registrations in non-personally identifiable form, for use by COU and the universities.
Retention and Disposal of Personal Information
The OUAC has authorized DotCom Your Event Inc. to house the OUF Passport registration on their servers.
DotCom Your Event Inc. use an https secure environment with SSL certificate that requires a password to transfer the file and encrypts the file as it is being sent through the internet.
DotCom Your Event Inc. will destroy all data collected and provide proof of such to the OUAC, 10 days after the OUF.
OUAC will delete identifying information from passport registration and scanned data collected by November 1, 2018. Remaining data will be retained for statistical analysis.
The OUAC’s service providers are required to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information and to use it only in compliance with applicable privacy laws, and are prohibited from using or disclosing your Personal Information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Security of Personal Information
Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard the Personal Information in our custody and control, we are unable to guarantee that your Personal Information will never be disclosed or accessed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Statement. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of Personal Information in our custody and control. These measures include restricting access to Personal Information in our custody and control only to employees and authorized service providers who require such information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
To provide you with an increased level of online security, access to your Personal Information on the Passport site will be protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone.
By registering for an OUF Passport, agreeing to the terms and conditions of use, and allowing the universities to scan your Passport at the OUF, you agree that they will receive your Personal Information.
How to Contact Us
Contact us at any time if:
- you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement;
- you wish to access and/or correct the Personal Information we have in our custody or control; or
- you have a complaint about the manner in which we treat your Personal Information.
Phone: 519-823-1940 ext. 6221
Ontario Universities’ Applications Centre
170 Research Lane
Guelph ON N1G 5E2