Sustainability Initiatives at the OUF
The OUF is committed to environmental sustainability for our attendees. Below is a list of initiatives:
- Sustainable drinking cups made from corn
- Many OUF publications printed on paper certified by the Forest Stewardship Council of Canada
- Water coolers available; water served in jugs/pitchers to reduce plastic bottle waste
- Recycling boxes provided and used throughout the event
- A re-usable OUF bag for collecting university brochures and booklets
The OUF is Bullfrog Powered
About Bullfrog Power:
Bullfrog Power is a renewable energy provider that offers sustainable green electricity, generated exclusively from wind and hydro facilities that have been certified as low impact under Environment Canada’s EcoLogo program.
Why the OUF uses Bullfrog Power:
The Ontario Universities’ Fair is committed to environmental sustainability and supports the use of green, carbon-free renewable energy in an effort to reduce its overall environmental footprint. With the help of Bullfrog Power, the OUF will be powered with 100% green electricity, which will be injected onto the local grid to match the amount of electricity used during the Fair.
Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC) Environmental Initiatives
- The MTCC is the first convention centre in Canada to offer clean, renewable power, made possible through a special partnership with Bullfrog Power.
- In an effort to divert nearly 97% of all waste generated, the MTCC will ensure almost everything from the event is reused, donated or recycled.
- Delegates and exhibitors can now access important conference materials and programs wirelessly while on-site, to help reduce the amount of paper used during the fair.
- The MTCC offers locally sourced food and beverages in an effort to reduce its carbon footprint.
- Learn more about the MTCC’s environmental initiatives at: www.mtccc.com/planners/greenYourEvent.aspx.