This contest is only open to Canadian Residents, other than Québec and is governed by Canadian law and the laws of the province of Ontario. For greater certainty, this contest is not open to any resident of Québec.
No purchase necessary. See below for full contest details. Participation in this contest constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of, and agreement to be legally bound by, these contest rules (the “Contest Rules”).
1. The Contest begins on June 13, 2017 at 12:30 pm ET and ends on September 24, 2017 at 5:00 pm ET (the “Contest Period”).
2. The Contest is open to all OUF Passport registrants. The Contest is not open to any employees of the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) or those of participating universities (and those with whom such employees are domiciled), affiliates or agents of the OUAC, and advertising and promotion agencies.
How to Enter
4. No purchase necessary. To participate in this Contest you must:
a. Register successfully for the Ontario Universities Fair (OUF) Passport by September 24, 2017 by 5:00 pm ET.
b. You will receive one (1) entry (“Entry”) in the Contest when you successfully register for the OUF Passport. Limit one (1) Entry per person/account during the contest period. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can only use one (1) email account to participate in the Contest. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once during the Contest Period, then all your entries will be void. Use of any automated system to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
Chances to Win
5. Each entrant (“Entrant”)will have up to four (4) chances to win a prize, depending on when the OUF PASSPORT is successfully registered and if the Entrant wins a prize. Each Entrant may only win one (1) prize. If an Entrant wins a prize, his/her identification number will be removed from contest. Refer to Section 6 below for the dates upon which the draws will take place.
Winner Selection and Notification
6. We will draw one (1) name through a random computer process on the following draw dates: June 29, 2017, September 10, 2017, September 17, 2017, and September 24, 2017.
7. Before September 26, 2017 in Guelph, Ontario, OUAC (through the email@example.com email) will contact each selected potential winner by sending him/her a private email message to the email address provided at time of registration for the OUF Passport. Identified potential winners must reply to the email message within five (5) days of the delivery of the email message from OUAC and provide OUAC with telephone contact information at which the potential winner can be reached.
8. If a potential winner:
(i) cannot be reached within three (3) attempts (email and telephone if applicable); or
(ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or
(iii) fails to return the declaration of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, and Minor Release Consent Form, if applicable, within the specified time; or
(iv) if there is a return of any email notification as undeliverable, and if a valid telephone number has not been provided,
then the potential winner will be disqualified from the Contest.
9. Prizes will be mailed to the potential winners by registered mail. Photo Identification must be presented by the potential winner to claim the prize. If the potential winner is under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must be present with the potential winner to claim the prize. If the potential winner is under 18 years of age and does not have photo ID, the potential winner must present other identification such as birth certificate or health card and the parent or legal guardian must also present photo identification. If a potential winner is not able to comply with this section 9, the potential winner will be disqualified from the Contest.
10. If a potential winner is disqualified based on sections 8 or 9 above, another selection will be made through the same random computer process. This process will continue until the ‘Winner’ (i) is successfully contacted, (ii) successfully answers a skill-testing question, (iii) returns the declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release form, and (iv) provides the necessary identification set out in section 9 above.
11. Four (4) $500 VISA Gift Cards
12. By entering the Contest through registration for the OUF Passport, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the OUAC with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
13. The OUAC reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the OUAC that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the OUAC reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
14. All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The OUAC reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the OUAC – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification):
(i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest;
(ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or
(iii) for any other reason the OUAC deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the OUAC in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the OUAC. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine.
15. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple email accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of the OUAC. Entries that do not satisfy any of the conditions of the Contest Rules, or are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with the Contest Rules will be void. All Entries become the property of the OUAC upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
16. Without limitation, the OUAC, its advertising and promotion agencies, the Contest judges and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, consultants, advisors, affiliates, successors and assigns will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the OUAC for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the OUAC, its advertising and promotion agencies, the Contest judges and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, consultants, advisors, affiliates, successors and assigns will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
17. In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).